I've been experimenting a lot with Photoshop lately as I purchased a Wacom pen tablet. This enables me to draw right into the program. It doesn't feel natural to me yet and doesn't quite give the look that I would like to achieve that I am used to from traditional painting but it does allow tremendous versatility and can separate the image into layers as it is created and these layers can be custom manipulated with color and just about anything else that produces multiple variations. It all takes practice and lots of it. As seen in these examples, for which I now have such a greater appreciation — knowing the difficulties of achieving this end result. All of the images below have links to their sources and more info about this digital artistic genre.
Clicking on this image link below will take you a site where Bert Monroy, a photorealistic digital artist, explains his artistic process.
Clicking on this photo link below will take you to Bert Monroy's closer look on the details of how he created this incredibly realistic piece, Damen (train station).
Read how long it took him to do this and that says it all. I'm learning as I go…
On another note but not unrelated to digital art, I had posted previously that a company has hired me as their art agent to locate artists to participate in promotional events for their high profile client. My sister has been helping me and we've located all the artists but still searching for one for Denver, so this is a call for artists who may want to participate. Here's my pitch for artists who might be interested:
I'm looking for an artist who:
• Should relate to audience: 25-35 year old females and males, including gay males, who are culturally-savvy and socially aware
• Creates abstract modern medium design — can be digital art, fashion oriented and or construction art in conjunction with actual traditional media, i.e. painting or drawing at the event
• Can create a piece of art incorporating the liquor branding (i.e., label, bottle, cap etc)
• Can set up a makeshift gallery with the space provided
• Has a fan base similar to the the above demographic
• Work embodies a young, bold, unpretentious, stylish and progressive
• Is not afraid to express themselves through the usage of color
• Is charming and social
• Is hip and fashionable
Please contact me asap so that I can send you additional information regarding the actual event and incentives for the artist.
In the meantime, Happy Cinco de Mayo!!